The Chevrolet Motor Car Company was founded in 1911 by William Durant who envisioned his new company as an inexpensive competitor to the Ford Model T. He chose to name the company after its designer, Louis Chevrolet,
because he liked the sound of the name and because Chevrolet was a prominent name in motor sports.
"The Impala is a big car. It's generally classified as a mid-size sedan, though it's large for that class, and nearly a full-size. The front and back seats are roomy, though not inordinately so given the size of this car, and getting in and out of the car is easy and it has a healthy cargo capacity."
Are you trying to save gas? Some suggestings are:
1. Do you need to take that short trip by car or can you walk or take a bicycle?
2. Try driving more slowly. Driving at 70 mph burns about 20% more gas than at 50 mph.
3. Accelerate slowly at red lights. Speeding in the first 6 seconds is said to be the car's
biggest gas burning operation.
4. Don't run your air conditioner unless it is really needed.
5. Use cruise control on highway trips unless the terrain is hilly or wet.
6. Check out who sells gas cheaper. Some dealers give discounts for paying cash and some give you bonus points
that you can use to get free gas.
Copyright notice - No infringement of any text or graphic copyright is intended. We do not sell or rent any photo used on this site and most of the images are reduced in size
from the original. If you own the copyright to any original image or document used for the creation of the graphics or information on this site, please contact the Webmaster with all pertinent info so that proper
credit can be given. If you wish to have it removed from the site, it will be replaced ASAP. We appreciate the courtesy extended in permitting Classy Cars to show these
images and information.