What's new for the 2006 Corvette Z06?
First, the 2006 Chevrolet Corvette has been redesigned for the 2006-year model. It has enhanced features, but in this article I want to tell you specifically about the Z06 features to this model.
The Z06 is, of course, the fastest vette ever built. It will have a 500 horsepower 427 cubic inch engine with lightweight components. What does this mean in a 3130-pound car? It means superior performance beyond all other Corvettes. Estimated 0-60 in less than 4 seconds along with a sub 12-second quarter mile. Top speed is reported to be more than 190 MPH (on a closed race track of course).
What makes this new Corvette so much better? Several components:
- 500-hp/475 lb.-ft torque
- 7000 RPM redline
- 11.0:1 Compression
- Titanium connecting rods
- Titanium intake valves and pushrods
- Hand built engine
- Dry sump lubrication
- Aluminum body structure
- Carbon fiber front fenders
- Magnesium front cradle
- Fixed roof design for rigidity
- Larger grill and cold air intake scoop
- Wide rear fenders and a rear spoiler incorporated into the tail of the car
- Larger cross-drilled front and rear disc brakes
- Larger wheels and tires
- 3" exhaust
- Light weight seats with fixed side bolsters
- Bose audio with an in dash six CD changer
- Polished wheels
- Telescoping steering wheel
- Heated seats
- Navigation system
- XM Satellite Radio
All in all, this is going to be one of the best Corvettes Chevrolet has ever offered. I can't wait to see one.
About The Author:
Stuart Simpson collects pictures of the new C6 corvettes.